Saturday, June 18, 2005

Tag... you're It (yet another questionnaire)

As much fun as I had reading the stuff which JD put up, I was a little skeptical of answering this myself after being ‘tagged’ by him. But what the hell, I’ve got nothing better to do anyway. So here goes…

How do people refer to you?

Relatives and parents call me Ashish. Most of my friends call me Aziz thanks to this watchman misspelling Ashish in the callers’ registry and one of my friends stealing the registry for weekend reading. My official nickname is Engine (after I gulped petrol under very strange circumstances), though very few people call me that.

What are your screen names?

Screen names are restricted to Ashish on most occasions unless I’m feeling particularly bored, in which case I find Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett more interesting. And being the semi-regular Quake player that I am, I am known (with a sense of dread and foreboding I might add) in the fragging grounds as Creeping Death. I don’t think I should get into the LanMsn names here as they change twice everyday.

What are the physical things you like about yourself?

In general, I guess I’m happy that I’m not abnormal in any way. Reasonably tall, average weight, normal skin. I feel (unlike my parents) that my longish hair rather suits me.

What are the physical things you don't like about yourself?

I’m perfectly happy with most of myself, though I sometimes wish I had longer fingers and broader wrists.

How has your heritage influenced you?

My Tamil is pretty different from what they speak in Chennai, and somehow that makes me proud (don’t ask why). But apart from that nothing major, really. I believe in a kind of God (too complicated to explain) but for most practical purposes, I don’t bother about God, the universe and all that. I don’t really believe in religious rituals (and hardly observe any myself), but they instil a kind of discipline in a person, so I guess they’re allright as long as they don’t get in the way of more important activities.

What are the things that scare you?

Being on the top of a very tall building without a railing on the sides. Basically great heights, though only when I feel that there is a realistic chance of me dropping from them.

But apart from that, to quote Edmund Blackadder,”I laugh in the face of fear. I tweak the nose of panic and drop ice-cubes down the vest of terror.”

What are your everyday essentials?

Atleast an hour everyday, with music in my ears through headphones.

Mindless jamming on the guitar.

One episode of some comedy series.

The internet, of course.

Name three things you're wearing now.

Glasses, T-shirt and shorts. Why is this question here? Very pointless.

What are the things you want in a relationship?

Tough one. Since I have no experience whatsoever in this regard, I’ll restrict myself to saying that the ‘other’ must have a sense of humour that matches mine, stay cool most of the time and not worry about things that are not under her control.

Give me two truths and a lie, in no particular order.

I’ve been brutally honest throughout this post.

I’m extremely skilled at defending myself against someone who attacks me with a piece of fresh fruit.

I have a cunning plan to bring about world peace.

What are the 'things' in the opposite sex that appeal to you?

A nice voice, ‘non-grumpiness’ and good conversation skills appeal the most to me (apart from the usual umm… things which most men look for in women)

What are the three things you want to do badly now?

To listen to Extreme right now. A few clicks and this is done.

To eat Haldiram’s Bhujia (whose endless supply in my house is sadly at an end).

To get the Beatles Anthology DVD to work somehow.

What are the three career options you're considering?

I’d love to be a writer someday, but unfortunately (or fortunately), that may not be.

An engineer in a chemical plant, but only because I’m doing my Btech in Chemical Engineering. This option is not really motivated by interest.

My low CGPA has forced me to consider management as the most likely career path though I really don’t have a good idea of what it’ll involve.

What are the three places you'd like to go on vacation?

New York, London and Woodstock (if the festival returns sometime). I always feel better if I’m in a large city. The larger the better.

Name three kid names you like.

Can’t think of any. Anything apart from Baldrick should do fine.

What are the three things you'd like to do before you died?

Play something like Malmsteen’s “Arpeggios From Hell” on the guitar.

Write something that is published.

Torture Sooraj Barjatya in the same way he tortured me with “Main Prem Ki Deewani Hoon”

What is your favourite quote?

“I’ll be darned… Cover me in flour and eggs and bake me for 40 minutes!”

Who else do you want to tag to make them take the quiz now?

Allright, I know I’ve been very boring, but quite frankly so are the questions. Let’s just say that since I’ve spent this much time on it, I might as well put it up. The people I’d want to tag are:

The “Eveready” Bhaand, who I suspect is always online.

Metabuh, who’s barbecuing himself in the Chennai heat by playing Quake.

The dead parrot who’s not blogged since 44 BC.


Comments:
Yes, you're right. That IS boring.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?